Wednesday, September 17, 2008

title: some sort of other title

originally posted June 25, 2008


The purpose of this is to share with you something that I think everyone should know about. And since somewhere between everyone and no one reads this, I thought I would share it here. This gets around the whole "directly interacting with other adults" thing that gets me so bugabooed. You are probably already aware of this thing I hope to share, as I sense you are hipper than I am, and so if this is the case, please just return to your usual activities and feel free to shake your head in disdain over what a rube I am.

First though,  some self-indulgent tripe:

Greeting. Introduction of thing. Me. Me. Me. Complaint. Brain Scientist. Swear word. Complaint. Embarrassing yet ultimately pointless revelation. Me. More me. You? Now back to me. Misspelt werd. Vague attempt at humor. Did I mention me?

List of some sort:

1) Wank.

2) Waaaaank.

3) Squishy sound.

And then me. Ha ha. Child. Child. Vomit. Child. Vagina.

Unnecessary snippet of conversation:

Me: Huh?

Whoever: What?

Me: Yes!

Whoever: Indeed!

Me. You again. Me. Tangent. Reference to something in the nineteen eighties. Return to primary subject thing. More me. Sense that I am going nowhere with this. Increasing loss of interest in thing and stuff and spellink. Whatever.

Lackluster conclusion.

Swear word.

Fin.

***

Okey dokey! Now that we have that out of the way, please take a moment to view all the episodes of Yacht Rock:

http://www.channel101.com/shows/show.php?show_id=152

A very cool person who wears bus guy glasses shared this with me about a year ago at a gathering at my house. It took me some time to figure out what he was talking about because I was drinking tequila while trying to frost a cake:

Him: I said Yacht Rock.

Qwanty: What?

H: Yacht Rock!

Q: Huh?

H: Yacht Rock!

Q: Yurt…?

H: YACHT Rock!

Q: What kind of rock?

H: YACHT ROCK!

Q: Yot?

H: YAAAACHT! Like the BOAT!

Q: Ohhhhhhhh. Yacht Rock. ("Q" appears confused. "Q" eats frosting.)

***

So there you go. Yacht Rock. Gordon Bennett, have at it.

No comments: